We provide top quality sales, service, repair, installation and training on all types of fire extinguishers, and can also conduct a hazard survey of your facilities and offer recommendations based on your needs.
OSHA Fire Extinguisher Requirements
- Extinguishers must receive an annual maintenance check once per year by a certified technician.
- Every six years, your dry chemical extinguishers must be taken apart and internally inspected by a certified technician.
- Every twelve years, your dry chemical extinguishers must be hydrostatic pressure tested to insure integrity of the vessel and prevent flaws which could result in an extinguisher exploding.
- Fire extinguishers are not playthings. Even a slight discharge could result in a pressure leak that will make an extinguisher unusable.
D.O.T. Hydrostatic Requirements
- Hydrostatic testing is a nondestructive test required by the Department of Transportation to ensure the integrity of pressurized cylinders.
- Many types of tanks require testing once every five years, while others require testing once every three years.
- High pressure, fiber wrapped aluminum cylinders, such as those used by fire fighters, must be tested every three years and must be decommissioned after fifteen years.