Security and Crime Prevention
If you are traveling:
– Get an automatic timer for your lights.
– Ask a neighbor to watch your home and occasionally park out front or in your driveway.
– Have your mail and newspaper delivery temporarily suspended, or ask a neighbor to collect them on a daily basis.
If you are shopping:
– Always be aware of your surroundings.
– Park in well-lit spaces and remember where you parked.
– Lock all doors and close all windows.
– Make sure that no valuables or parcels are in plain sight.
– Be extra careful with purses and wallets.
– Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
– Teach children to go to a store clerk or uniformed security guard if they become separated from you.